In the countries where we work Columban Fathers work in cooperation with Columban Sisters from a standpoint of solidarity with the poor and integrity of creation.
On 29 September, 2014 the Columban Sisters celebrated their 90th Anniversary in mission across Asia, the Americas and Europe. Since the foundation began, Columban Sisters were first called to establish and manage institutions serving Educational and Medical needs. In the late 70s, the foundation moved towards less structured ministries, meeting a wider variety of needs for the poor and marginalised.
"I am among you as one who serves" (Luke 22:27)
As Catholic missionary religious women, Columban Sisters give expression to their commitment to the mission of Christ in the world through a variety of ministries and services by focusing on:
- Education and Health Services
- Empowering People through communicating Gospel Values.
- Recognising and Promoting the Dignity of the Human Person
- Issues related to women and children, including Human Rights
- Promoting Justice, Peace and the Integrity of Creation
- Dialogue with people of other faiths and cultures
- Cross-Cultural Mission
Sr Ann Gray is the current Congregational Leader of the Missionary Sisters of St Columban, having been elected to the position in 2011. She previously served for many years in Hong Kong where she established ACTION FOR REACH OUT (AFRO), a service dedicated to human rights advocacy for women involved in Hong Kong's sex industry. To learn more about the inspiring work of the Columban Sisters and other related projects visit: www.columbansisters.org
- Explore the Missionary Sisters of St Columban website