JPIC Contents :
- COP 26 Fiji Side Event Workshop
- COP News
- Disaster Management and Response
- Disaster Pre Positioned Container for Christ the King Parish, Ba
- Earth Day
- Ecological Justice Workshop
- Environmental Justice
- Human Rights Defenders
- Inaugural Training for Pacific Judges on Environment and Climate Law
- Laudato Si’ Week 2022
- UN Ocean Conference 2022
- Religion Tolerance
- Season of Creation
- Sema Livelihood Program
- Stand with The Peoples of the Sepik River
- The Art of Skilled Online Facilitation
- Using Laudato Si and the Catholic Social Teaching to address Sexual Violence and Abuse
- Week Celebration – Columban Mission Office – Suva, 27 May 2022
- World Day of Sick
- World Indigenous Day
- World Oceans Day
- World Oceans Day : June 28 - 2022
- World Youth Day
The Columban commitment to JUSTICE,PEACE and INTEGRITY of CREATION has been the integral part of the “ Mission” and our Missionary identity since its formalization 45 years ago in 1976 at the General Chapter.
This has been the guiding Framework of how the Columban Society globally undertake JPIC work.
1. Justice to All People and All of Creation.
2. Responding to the Challenges and Needs of our Time.
3. Addressing our Social Issues with Social Justice based on Catholic Social Teachings.
4. Calling us to be a Synodal Church.
- Advocate for change in places of Political and Economic powers.
- To accompany people in their struggles for their Rights and Dignity.
- To pray for the on going Personal and Communal Conversion.
- Transformation of Unjust Structures and Governance.
- To live simply and in solidarity with People and Creation.
“ To know Creation, is to know the Creator” St Columban
As Columbans we have a duty and reponsibilty to help the poor.
The Cry of the Earth- the Cry of the Poor.
Our Mission :